May the 4th be with you! 🙂
I went into the back and did some sewing for awhile, then looked up rabbit recipes (found one for hausenpfefer!) while Tempus cleaned up his paper stuff and he went out for our Sunday doughnuts and to run a couple of other errands.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Plum tree in February, 2013, and yesterday morning. It’s so loaded with plums that it’s sagging! Look at the top left of the pix. >>>>>>>>>
When Marcus got there, he worked on pins. I got a lot of pictures, worked on a doll and pouches. Tempus got some pieces cut for the water heater and a couple of other projects. I did a reading late in the afternoon. We all quit around 7:30.
Today I’m pretty sure I’m going to be at the shop by myself after Tempus helps me get the shop open. That means I’ll probably work in back for a lot of the day after I get some of the project things put away up front from the weekend.
Yaquina Head Light, Ken Gagne, 5/1/15
Today’s Plant is Rhubarb, Rheum rhabarbarum. Best known as “pie plant” or in strawberry and rhubarb jam this is a wonderful and nutritious stalk vegetable, that has been legally counted as a fruit, because of its uses. The roots have been used as a laxative for thousands of years, and the stalks, while strong-tasting when uncooked and with no sugar are delicious in sauces, pies, jellies, juice and so on, but the leaves are poisonous. It is very easy to grow since the roots will over-winter, even if the stalks die back and it’s one of the earliest vegetables to be harvestable. – Feminine, Venus Earth. – Wear a dried piece to help with stomach or gut pain and general protection. The pie served to a mate helps to maintain fidelity and is an aphrodisiac, especially when combined with strawberries.
Yes, today’s feast, Star Wars Day, is based on a pun, “May the 4th be with you!” I’m a geek, what can I say? 🙂 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Day I went to the first screening, the first day it was available in Baltimore, with my Daddy and we both enjoyed the heck out of it. It’s come a very long way since then!
The shop opens at 11am! Spring hours are 11am-6pm Thursday through Monday, although they’re drifting longer into the evening as sunset does. Need something off hours? Give us a call at 541-563-7154 or Facebook or email at email@example.com If we’re supposed to be closed, but it looks like we’re there, try the door. If it’s open, the shop’s open! In case of bad weather, check here at the blog for updates, on our Facebook as Ancient Light, or call the shop.
Love & Light,
Full Moon – The day of the day before and day after the true Full Moon. “And better it be when the moon is full!”! Prime time for rituals for prophecy, for spells to come to fruition, infusing health and wholeness, etc. A good time for invoking deity. FRUITION Manifesting goals, nurturing, passion, healing, strength, power. Workings on this day are for protection, divination. “extra power”, job hunting, healing serious conditions Also, love, knowledge, legal undertakings, money and dreams. God/dess Aspect: Mother/Abundance/Kingship – – Associated God/desses: Danu, Cerridwen, Gaia, Aphrodite, Isis, Jupiter, Amon-Ra. Phase ends on 5/5 at 8:42am. Waning Moon Magick – From the Full Moon to the New is a time for study, meditation, and magic designed to banish harmful energies and habits, for ridding oneself of addictions, illness or negativity. Remember: what goes up must come down.
The Big Dipper has turned to lie upside down after dark; face north-northeast and look very high. Its handle arcs around toward Arcturus, a little more than a Dipper-length to the Dipper’s lower right.
The bright Moon rises in twilight. As evening grows late, look below the Moon for Saturn, and then below Saturn for Antares.
By dawn, the Moon, Saturn, and Scorpius have tipped way over in their nightly journey to the southwest.
Venus (magnitude –4.2, crossing from Taurus into Gemini) glares strikingly bright in the west during and after twilight — the “Evening Star.” It doesn’t set in the west-northwest until two hours after dark. In a telescope Venus is still gibbous, but it’s thinning each week.
Goddess Month of Maia runs from 4/18 – 5/15
Celtic Tree Month of Saille/Willow, Apr 15 – May 12
Runic half-month of Laguz/ Lagu, 4/29-5/13 Representing the flowing and mutable forces of water, Lagu symbolizes life, growth and waxing power of this time of year.
©2015 M. Bartlett, Some parts separately copyright.
Celtic Tree Month of Saille/Willow, Apr 15 – May 12 – The Willow in the Tree alphabet stands for the female and lunar rhythms of life. She is water-seeking, thriving from preference on the damp margins of lakes and streams or across the low-lying water meadows. Water and the tidal movements of the sea are governed by the pull of the moon. The moon in its monthly rhythms is female, contrasting with the male sun’s daily and yearly turnings. In several ways, the Celts held women in higher regard than we do today. On the material level, women were property owners, and whoever controlled the property controlled the marriage. Women of all types and ages appeared in the Celtic pantheon, the spiritual strength and life-giving qualities given by both female and male recognized equally. There were colleges of Druidesses – learned women and teachers – respected equally for their gifts of see-ship, often expressed through dreams, or night visions.
Magical Associations: Romantic love, healing, protection, fertility, magic for women.
Saille – Willow Ogam letter correspondences
Color: listed only as bright
Meaning: Gaining balance in your life
to study this month – Ohn – Furze Ogam letter correspondences
Color: Yellow Gold
Meaning: Information that could change your life
Tides for Alsea Bay
M 4 High 12:58 AM 7.8 6:03 AM Set 6:37 AM 99
4 Low 7:44 AM -0.5 8:24 PM Rise 9:09 PM
4 High 2:02 PM 6.6
4 Low 7:38 PM 2.1
Affirmation/Thought for the Day – When you are at the end of your rope tie a big knot and hang on!
~ Never let your memories be greater than your dreams. – Doug Ivester
~ You might well remember that nothing can bring you success but yourself. – Napoleon Hill
~ “It seemed to me,” said Wonko the Sane, “that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a packet of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”. – Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
~ Don’t let a single game break your heart. – Mike Krzyzewski
THIS ROSE THAT IS MY HEART
This rose that is my heart,
Is blooming for you.
My love for you has watered it
With tears of joy.
How long ago it seems,
When there was only a tiny seed
That was parched and dry
Then only a tiny bud came forth,
With the thorns of resentment
And fear at its roots.
Now the rose is glowing
With bright colors
And shiny leaves…
Nature’s colors blooming,
From the serenity within
Of reciprocated love. – © Copyright 11/10/05 – Beth Johnson (Mystic Amazon)
- WILL THE REAL DUMMY PLEASE STAND UP? AT&T fired President John Walter after nine months, saying he lacked intellectual leadership. He received a $26 million severance package.
Perhaps it’s not Walter who’s lacking intelligence.
2. WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM OUR FRIENDS: Police in Oakland, CA spent two hours attempting to subdue a gunman who had barricaded himself inside his home. After firing ten tear gas canisters, officers discovered that the man was standing beside them in the police line, shouting, “Please come out and give yourself up.”
3. WHAT WAS PLAN B? An Illinois man, pretending to have a gun, kidnapped a motorist and forced him to drive to two different automated teller machines, wherein the kidnapper proceeded to withdraw money from his own bank accounts.
4. THE GETAWAY! A man walked into a Topeka, Kansas Kwik Stop and asked for all the money in the cash drawer. Apparently, the take was too small, so he tied up the store clerk and worked the counter himself for three hours until police showed up and grabbed him.
5. DID I SAY THAT??? Police in Los Angeles had good luck with a robbery suspect! who just couldn’t control himself during a lineup. When detectives asked each man in the lineup to repeat the words: “Give me all your money or I’ll shoot”, the man shouted, “that’s not what I said!”
6. ARE WE COMMUNICATING??? A man spoke frantically into the phone: “My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart.” “Is this her first child?” the doctor asked. “No!” the man shouted, “This is her husband!”
7. NOT THE SHARPEST TOOL IN THE SHED! In Modesto, CA, Steven Richard King was arrested for trying to hold up a Bank of America branch without a weapon. King used a thumb and a finger to simulate a gun… Unfortunately, he failed to keep his hand in his pocket!
8. THE GRAND FINALE!!! Last summer, down on Lake Isabella, located in the high desert, an hour east of Bakersfield, CA, some folks, new to boating, were having a problem. No matter how hard they tried, they couldn’t get their brand new 22 foot boat, going. It was very sluggish in almost every maneuver, no matter how much power they applied. After about an hour of trying to make it go, they got it into a nearby marina, thinking someone there may be able to tell them what was wrong. A thorough topside check revealed everything in perfect working condition. The engine ran fine, the out-drive went up and down, and the propeller was the correct size and pitch.
So, one of the marina guys jumped in the water to check underneath.
He came up choking on water, he was laughing so hard. NOW REMEMBER…THIS IS TRUE. Under the boat, still strapped securely in place, was the trailer!
Don’t be included in this list when it is recirculated… THINK!!!!!