Page under contstruction!!!!!!
Babička is my Czech grandmother, Mom’s mother….This is the current “parking lot” for her stories. It also includes some stories that she would tell, or others would tell of her.
Posted by me on Facebook 11/26/16 (C)M. Bartlett
“I’ve been reading all the posts about thankfulness today, but one just struck me to tears, not bad tears, but tears of thankfulness. I’m am so grateful that I had my Babicka, my grandmother, for as long as I did. She lived with us in the winter and we lived with her in the summer until I left home. She was endlessly patient with small chubby fingers that were so clumsy with a needle or a mixing spoon at first, but I remember so much of a feeling of accomplishment at learning one more stitch, how to separate an egg or to create one more dish that I’ve been contented with that all my life, continuing to cook and embroider because I love it as much as she did. Today I used those cooking skills to help others and to create food to nourish those of us that are left. Thank you, Baba! Thank you, and I miss you and have ever since you had to go away. Thank you for giving me the skills that I have. I love you, forever!”
- Soups and Memories – https://wp.me/P2xgQ8-bKD
- You vote! – https://wp.me/P2xgQ8-8Ss
- Baba’s Cherry Lemonade – https://wp.me/P2xgQ8-79H
- Calendar, He Lie! – https://wp.me/P2xgQ8-dO3
- Sit down! – https://wp.me/P2xgQ8-dOl
- Eat Soup Uff You Het – https://wp.me/P2xgQ8-dPd
- Dedi’s Alarm Clock – https://wp.me/P2xgQ8-dPl
Page created and published 11/24/21 (C) M. Bartlett
Last updated 11/26/21