The following is this year’s “teacher letter”, if there’s anyone who hasn’t sent the info in yet.
It’s the same format that we’ve been using for years….same example, too. 🙂
Just copy and paste into a file and then erase as you fill in your own information, then e-mail.
All of this info can be e-mailed to Marius, firstname.lastname@example.org
First, A 3-5 sentence bio. Who are you? What is your path or specialty? How long have you been doing this, or something along those lines. Please gear this to what you’re teaching! I know some of you have 3 page bios. But we only need 3-5 sentences….
Then for *each* class/talk/ritual/get-together…
- What do you want to call what you’re doing? (Note: a snappy title will bring more people in!)
- Minimum/Maximum number of people
- Youngest aged person accepted in the class.
- How long? (We schedule in 1 hour blocks, which means about 45 minutes of teaching time…. any multiple of this is fine….although I may go insane if someone wants a 24-hour class!)
- Cost (if any) or say “By donation” (minimum donation requested of students is $1)
- Space required (indoor? Outdoor? 3’x6’ flat spot?)
- Equipment requirements (and will you bring your own? We don’t have a lot!)
By 7/15 we’ll be sending you back “copy” to “vet”. I need to get corrections or “fixes” back by 8/1 so that we can get the final draft of the handbook together for the event.
We’re planning to have a packet for you well before the event, with a “money” form to fill out and a FAQ. (and getting your info to my by 7/1 will insure you get *this* on time….)
If you’re confused because you haven’t been asked for something like this before, here’s a sample, the info that I wrote for one of my classes (that is severely out of date, by this point….)
First, A 3-5 sentence bio. – Anja is High Priestess of Rose of the Sea in Seal Rock, Oregon. Sea witch by calling, Slavic Shaman by family tradition, and both Wicca and a Feri Initiate by training, she has a small shop there on the coast, where she does most of her teaching and counseling work. She may be contacted through her website, www.ancientlight.info
Then for each class/talk/ritual/get-together
- What do you want to call what you’re doing? – The Burning Times, the song by Charlie Murphy – Fact, Fiction or Myth?
- Minimum/Maximum number of people – Anything up to lecture hall (I could say 3-10, but I’m not)
- Youngest age – Anyone under about 10 is going to be bored out of their skull…..
- How long? – 1 ½ hours
- Cost (if any) or say “By donation” – $1 donation
- Space required (indoor? Outdoor? 3’x6’ flat spot?) – No special requirements, indoor preferred, depends on the number of people
- Equipment requirements – I’ll bring my boombox and a long extension cord. I’ll need a place to plug in or tell me and I’ll get batteries.
- Description of what your class will be about. – Charlie Murphy’s rendition of the song The Burning Times is a pagan classic. It has been covered by many other artists over the nearly 3 decades since it was written. But is it truth or fiction? We’ll listen to several different renditions of the song, discuss the lyrics and delve into the historical reality (or lack thereof!) or the “story”, then go into a little of why the song has become such a part of the pagan movement and it’s particular importance.Page created & published 8/21/14
Last update 8/21/14
You must be logged in to post a comment.